Mel's Electric Adventure in the Tesla Model Y
We’re so excited to be providing the cars and the expertise for Mel’s Electric Adventure, a new podcast from Tortoise Media about the electric revolution.
Each episode, one of our EV Specialists takes a drive with actress, comedian, TV presenter and national treasure Mel Giedroyc, and Tortoise Media’s World Affairs Editor, Giles Whittell.
In episode 4, “Musk-y Funeral Parlour", you’ll hear Mel, Giles, and our Head of Procurement, Alvin Castillo, carpooling in a Tesla Model Y - one of the best known electric cars in the world.
Tune in to this episode to hear Mel’s first drive in the Model Y, taking it through its paces down a country lane and chatting all things charging etiquette.
Highlights from the episode:
- The car driven in the episode is the Tesla Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive.
- Teslas have a boot in the front, also called a ‘frunk’, which you can open with the Tesla app on your phone.
- The Model Y doesn’t have an on/off button. As soon as you sit in the car, it feels the weight in the driver seat and is ready to go.
- Tesla Vision detects other cars, buses and even cyclists around you and displays them on the 15" Centre Touchscreen.
- The Model Y Long Range accelerates 0-62mph in just 5 seconds, has an estimated real world range of 270 miles and costs from £53,000 to buy outright.
- Tesla models come packed with entertainment options to keep you occupied when waiting to charge your EV. You can watch Netflix, Disney+, Youtube, play games like chess or even have a go on the fart machine. Plus there’s romance mode with a fire crackling sound effect and heated seating to really set the mood.
Click here to listen to this episode in your podcast app.