Mel's Electric Adventure in the Volvo C40
Take a listen to Mel’s Electric Adventure, a new podcast from Tortoise Media about the electric revolution, featuring a car and expertise provided by Octopus EV.
Each episode, one of our EV Specialists takes a drive with actress, comedian, TV presenter and national treasure Mel Giedroyc, and Tortoise Media’s World Affairs Editor, Giles Whittell.
In episode 5, “Abba Singalong", you’ll hear Mel, Giles, and our EV Specialist, Gabie Amaro, carpooling in a Volvo C40 - the all-electric family SUV, made in true Scandi style.
Tune in to this episode to hear Mel’s first drive in the Volvo C40, the grown up car for grown up people, where Mel is flabbergasted at the regenerative braking feature and everyone enjoys an Abba singalong.
Highlights from the episode:
- Volvo are renowned for their safety and reliability. The Volvo C40 Recharge has this, and more.
- The Volvo C40 features one pedal drive mode so you can drive smoothly with just the accelerator. There’s no need to use the brake pedal as this mode uses regenerative braking, an energy recovery mechanism that feeds power back into the car to help maintain a little bit of the range.
- As soon as the driver leaves their seat, the Volvo C40 turns itself off.
- It has an estimated real world range of 210 miles and can accelerate 0-62mph in 4.7 secs.
- Since 2010, Volvo has been owned by a Chinese company called Geely Holding Group.
- The Volvo C40 is an all electric family SUV and retails from £48,355.
Listen to this episode in your podcast app.
Photo credit: Paul Stuart for Tortoise