BMW iX1 charging offer
Free off-peak home charging energy offer
Order one of our secured supply BMW iX1s by the end of December 2023 through Octopus EV’s EV salary sacrifice scheme or Business Contract Hire and you’ll get free home charging for this vehicle for the duration of your agreement if you switch to Intelligent Octopus Go once it’s been delivered. If you're already on the Intelligent Octopus Go tariff, you're also eligible for this offer. This offer only applies to people able to charge from home, and replaces the standard 4,000 miles of free charging we offer. This offer is whilst stock lasts.
How does it work?
You'll need to let us know as soon as you’ve joined Intelligent Octopus Go, had your charger installed, and taken delivery of your car. Once you've been in touch, we'll apply credit to your Octopus Energy account as a lump sum to cover the cost of your charging for the remaining duration of your agreement.
It is assumed that you will only charge your car at home during the Intelligent Octopus Go off-peak window (this is currently from 23:30-5.30) or during the times that we start smart charging your car at this off-peak rate. Credit to your account will reflect the cost of charging during the off-peak/smart charging period only. These requirements help us make sure your EV is charging when energy is the cleanest and least expensive, plus when the strain on grid infrastructure is at its lowest, while making sure your car is always charged and ready when you need it.
How do you calculate the charging costs?
First, we calculate the car's efficiency by dividing the usable battery size by the ‘real world' range. ‘Real world range’ is taken from EV Database, and combines the predicted range of an EV in cold weather with the predicted range of an EV driving in warm weather. For cold weather, this assumes it's -10 degrees celsius with heating on. For warmer weather, it's based on 23 degrees celsius and there's no A/C on. Predicting exact range is tricky, and range will depend on speed, style of driving, weather conditions and route conditions.
The BMW iX1 efficiency takes a usable battery size of 65 (kWh), and then divides it by a real world range of 230 (miles). That equals 0.283 kWh/mile
We then multiply this by your annual mileage and by the off-peak Intelligent Octopus Go window rate.
Example for a BMW iX1
If you choose a 10,000 miles/year agreement then this will be calculated as follows:
- 0.283 (Car's energy efficiency) * 10,000 (contracted miles/year) = 2,830
- 2,830 * 7.5p (price of energy per kWh) = £212.25 (charging costs per year)
- That’d mean a lump sum of £636.75 for a three year (36 month) agreement
- And, if that was spread across months, it'd be £17.69 per month
This is subject to:
The initial lease agreement
- Length, maximum of 4 years
- Miles per year, maximum of 12,000 miles
- Extensions of the initial lease will not apply
- So you know, you can switch energy provider or tariff at any time during your lease.
- Leasing from Octopus EV an eligible vehicle and install an eligible home EV charger. We will make available to you information about which vehicles and EV chargers are eligible before you select your lease.
- We will provide the free home charging credit once you have switched to Intelligent Octopus Go tariff and this tariff is live. Please note that switching to this tariff and/or getting a charger installed may take some time, and will depend on whether you are already an Octopus Energy customer, and whether you already have a smart meter installed. We will provide you credit for the time left on your agreement after you’ve successfully switched to Intelligent Octopus Go
- Smart meter installs are not under our control, and if for any reason you are not able to have one installed and therefore are not able to switch to this tariff, we will instead provide you with a one off complimentary credit of £500 on the Electroverse network (our out of home charging network)
- Please note that this would not constitute as a reason to cancel your order free of charge, or return the car without penalty if you have already taken delivery of it
- This offer only applies to home charging through the Intelligent Octopus Go tariff, and therefore does not carry over to any other type of charging, such as public charging on the Electroverse or otherwise
- Name and address on the lease and energy account must be the same, or you must be able to prove that you cohabit
- We reserve the right to remove this offer at any time
- This offer is not transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered
Subject to availability and eligibility. See our charging terms and conditions here for further details, including terms around free home charging installation for standard installs